Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Happy when examinations were cancelled....

It was 1963 March when I had appeared for SSLC examination held by Mysore state Secondary Examination Board.I had papers like English, Social Studies,General Science, Mathematics,Sanskrit, Hindi and Kannada.My school and centre was Seshadripuram High School, Banglore.

After writing English,General Science comprising Physics, Chemistry,Bioligy and Mathematics I was happy the exams will be over soon within a week giving me relief from studying or pretending to be studying in front of parents.My parents were expecting I should get high marks,get a rank,study Medicine, become a Doctor or Collector.It was astonishing for
me to see the morning News Paper Deccan Herald that all the  5 exams held were cancelled since the question papers had leaked out.Ofcourse my parents asked me to recollect the books,guides,notes and prepare well for re exams.For me it was pain to study again from books I hardly opened and studied.The re exams were held ..I appeared again without any more preparation ...but couldnot get high marks.

In my efforts to get admission in a good College,I took my father to the Principal,St Joseph's college, Bangalore.My father requested the Principal to give a seat for PUC and told the Principal that I got less marks since the original examinations were cancelled and reexams held.The good Principal admitted me in the College and I came out of  the College with a BSC degree in 1967.Thus cancellation​ of SSLC examination helped me get a seat in St Joseph's College.

I was reminded of it hearing elections to RK Nagar  due on 12 th got cancelled by the Election Commission.Ofcourse the troubles for the electorate  and the parties must be immense...

No comments: