Search This Blog

Thursday, January 07, 2016

I was a classmate of my son Rajesh.

I have heard son and and father  appearing together for SSLC ,son passing the exam….and father failing again….

Here it was a case of me and son Rajesh Parameswaran studying Hindi together and writing exam in same hall and passing together  in First Class.

I had desire to learn Hindi in Hindi Class for exams conducted by Dakshin Bharath Hindi Prachar sabha.I joined Guru Hindi Sikshan Mandir Guttahalli,Bangalore in 1961 when I was in standard 9..I had my friends and classmates like Vinoda,Kalpana,Rukmani,Sridhar, Chandrasekhar, Niranjan Balakrishnan etc Rukmani was my neighbor older than me by 10 years and others similar age .We enjoyed Hindi Class in the evening ...I used to draw an electric wire  from classroom of Government School ,Guttahalli to a Lady Doctor”S house to get temporary electric connection for class from  6 P M  to 8 PM.  We had Gadhyakusum,Kavyakusum,Assi dhin me dhuniya ki sair,Grammar,etc My teachers were Gururaja Rao,Viswanath,Prasanna,Murali,Premsingh etc.I used to be caretaker for Rukku to take her back home after class was over We were staying near the Hindi Class .It was  an easy subject...I passed Prathamic,Madhyama and Rashtrabhasha..all first class. In Madhyama I got state First Rank for Karnataka and in some function got the prize from some Chief Minister. I forget his name. Later  I stopped attending  Hindi Class after joining college in 1963…

.

It was later in 1993 when I was working in Tiruchirapalli I started attending Hindi Class in morning at Mahatma Gandhi Vidyalaya, near Tennur...We were staying in Thillainagar and it was my walk time to go to Hindi Class. and got my son Rajesh also enrolled as external student.I appeared for Praveshika and Rajesh also was behind me in the exam hall. Both of us wrote  exams in same hall.. near Urayur, got First class..Later as I went to USA  on holidays did not  continue.

But Rajesh's mother used to say ...you must have got first-class in Praveshika by copying Rajesh’s answer papers or he might have written the exam for you. I could not say anything....as I had to defend both....

Later he completed Visharad or something,Chitra was learning Hindi ..told me once she completed Madhyama.

See how both of us studied together,I used to attend classes  he used to read books and guides   I got him . and write,..both appeared for same exams...and got same marks....

No comments: