Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Contacts lost...need her help..

I was having this Samsung cellphone having not many features...you can telephone to any number receive calls,hear FM music etc .

Last year when I went to USA my son in law got me a Motorola X Smartphone... With more features. .It serves as a handy computer.... Plus phone... Mainly I get it connected through Wi Fi  Modem connected to landline for internet purposes I am able to use Facebook read newspapers,see grandchildren  children, etc through Skype ...watch stock exchange movements through Rediff, Economic Times,,read blogs,write blogs,etc I am also able to use the messenger for sending messages and receive SMS ,etc .but I donot use it for seeing videos, U Tubes, etc The complaint from my wife is that I donot do any productive work instead am always busy with the smartphone...She even objects my using it as a camera or use WhatsApp through it.  See the plight......Of course when she wants auto or taxi, she asks me to use Ola App and Amazon App  for buying some book,etc through the phone. .

My old phone Samsung I gave  her for use  She  does not  know how to charge it from mains or get credit by paying Vodafone dealer She has some hundred numbers saved in it as contacts..mostly her relatives and none of them ever call her or my number.but she calls all of them regularly for broadcasting all news Even that I have saved in the phone. She does not know even the telephone number of the cellphone... I have saved it as My number in the phone... She is not much familiar with cellphone or computer operations...despite my teaching her so many things orally......

She goes out to Mylapore, T Nagar,Adyar etc and I give the phone to her I have taught her how to receive calls After she goes out,I telephone say after one hour to find out where she is..and to tell her I am making coffee with decoction  she has kept  saved or for eating any fruits available till she returns. she responds..and thus the phone is useful between us for communication and sanction or approval...But she will never telephone to my number and inform me where she is...When some call comes in my phone she takes it does not swipe or click answer properly and the line gets disconnected.What can I do?

So this is how the cellphone is useful between us..

But recently it has become necessary for me to contact her for knowing telephone numbers of my contacts .During my recent visit to USA while I was spending time with my phone...was seeing apps, options and settings and while pressing some button all contacts disappeared.Otherwise  I could get the dialled numbers,calls received,and other numbers of contacts stored in phone.In the past once I had pressed some wrong button changed language and set it for operation by blind persons.At that time I got it fixed paying Rs 650 to the phone repairing guy.This time when I went to him with the problem he said some software is gone and would replace it on paying Rs.850.This time I told my wife the repair cost for approval which she refused saying no need to have contacts with you which is a recurring unproductive cost.Instead you contact me through my number and I have all contacts stored.She has more of her friends and relatives contacts in her new Microsoft phone than those of mine.Also now she can filter and allow me only required calls to be made  stipulating time limit  .Incidentally my memory is so poor I donot remember telephone numbers of my contacts... Atlast, I am compelled to remember her phone number lest I cannot contact any others...The numbers available in my phonethrough WhatsApp contacts  are not many and thus her help has become necessary ..

That is the position....

No comments: