Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2017

Expiry date for Surgical cotton??

Recently I read somewhere a child taking cough syrup which had become poisonous after crossing the expiry date marked in the bottle faced problems later.
Our Manni  sister in law was with us for a fortnight last month ..While she was happy with our hospitality,provision of veena for her daily use and a room for coaching music online through telephone, Skype,etc we too enjoyed her stay with us.While she had stock of her daily medicines she had some pain at back one of these days She asked me some pain ointment..Bengyn or so.I searched my dispensary,got a tube some diclofenac plus eucalyptus combination and got  applied to her by my spouse.After she recovered I gave the tube to her and asked her to check if it showed any expiry date... Unfortunately it had crossed the expiry date. But still it worked.
Today after returning from walk to beach I had a small cut or bruise on the foot.....left leg...
..giving little discomfort after reaching home.I got some surgical cotton for cleaning the cut after washing and applied Dettol antiseptic brought by her.Later I found the expiry date marked was 14/6...Probably June 2014.
May be I may need new antiseptic Dettol if the healing doesn't disappear .
I think there is no expiry date
for dressing cotton...

No comments: