Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2017

I was borne when India was not independent???

Among many achievements I possess,I was born in June 1947 before India got independence on 15 th August,1947.And my birthdate was 19 it is considered special number . I used to tell my spouse and children that I was born during British rule and hence possesses qualities such as strict,punctual ,honest,etc .

Incidentally I remember my School days in Bangalore after 1960 .My father was a retired person and he used to guide us in learning English Grammar.During holidays we four or five ...3 brothers,2 sisters,one niece all studying in Seshadripuram High School,Bangalore used to have following routine  . We are from a large family with over a dozen children..In a joint middle-class family.

Chanting one chapter of Bagavad Gita.He used to chant from book,we had to see Gita Press book,follow and chant .it used to be good making us strong in Sanskrit and understanding the essence of Bagavadgita namely ...Do your duty...Donot think of results.... Whatever is bound to happen will occur,what ever happened is for good,etc..

In the morning after taking bath he used to do Sooryanamaskaram chanting Aadhithyahrudhayam ...I had to join him.He used to do yogasanas including shiras aasana.

Since I was not a recognised Brahmachari  being without poonal,sandhyavandanam was not  performed dailytill I got my Poonal  while I was in 2 nd year BSC.

He had a book of Wren and Martin for English,used to guide all of us questions in Grammar,Active voice,Ideoms,figures of speech,Simile,Pathetic fallacy,pun,etc.It was nice we could learn Grammar well.

Then he used to ask questions from General Knowledge...Some questions like Prime Minister, President,Finance Minister,State ministers,etc.it was around 1957 or so we had hardly 12 states with Congress ruling everywhere.We remember his telling our mother to vote for Congress when they used to cast votes in Elections.May be in 1957 first ministry formed by Communist party was formed in Kerala.Probably the ministry was dismissed within 2 years and the state had distinction being under President's rule for over 15 times.

It was today I saw results of Uttarakhand,Uttar Pradesh,Manipur,etc being won by BJP  ..They rule other states like Gujarat, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Chattisgarh Assam,Arunachalpradesh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan,etc ..While Congress and sllisnce have  power in Karnataka,Punjab,etc Tamilnadu they have the Dravidian party ADMK,and other parties ruling states are Telengana,Aam Aadmi,Communist alliance,Trinamool Congress etc with more than 20 states all over India.

The BJP ....if possesses sufficient assembly and Rajyasabha seats can have good governance by ability to pass bills in both the houses .

Let us hope for stable Governments in states and centre.

Ofcourse among various other things    ,my father used to see we go to temples,chant Vishnusahasrananam,Aadhithyahrudhayam,Mahishasuramardhini stotram,Sundarakantam daily..Later I have started reading Narayaneeyam, Subramanya Bhujangam,etc ..Daily.

We should follow our parents.

No comments: