Search This Blog

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Carry your Personal ID Proof always with you....

I had to rush to Tiruchirapalli by bus a few days back with my wife. ...Probably for the first time  I forgot to carry my ID proof..with me and in bus it was not necessary .

While getting a return rail ticket online  at Turuchirapalli ,it was done by a relative at home  and  I got the SMS in my smartphone  PNR number.,etc  Later it was realized ID proof would be needed for all e tickets  On my contacting my son in law in USA he could trace out my Passport ,scan it and send it to me through e mail .I took a printout of it.

But my wife told me in one of her previous trips I had given her a  copy of her PAN ..and she had to face a situation of paying penalty  She was heard murmuring and complaining about me to others.

Here I got into Pallavan Express with e ticket  at Tiruchirapalli Junction ..and  a copy of my Passport. The TTR verified many e tickets hard copies and others through smartphone,and for some original PAN,etc .When he saw me he would have  been convinced that I was a senior citizen and he asked for  my original ID proof   When I told him the situation under which I travelled etc,he quoted the Railway rules treating such a  journey as  one without ticket and the penalty amount of Rs.250/...or so as per Railway extant rules 

He said    ""I am leaving you but if the squad catches you may be fined."" Till I got down at Mambalam Station and came out of  the entrance  reaching  Ranganathan Street,I was afraid I may be fined like my wife who got  caught  once   for not possessing original ID proof

It is required one carries original proof of Identity like Aadhar Card,Voter ID,PAN,Driving licence etc for avoiding similar situations...

No comments: