Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Precautions to be taken when you are alone

Hardly she has stayed away from me for more than two days after retirement in 2007. During  my service of 40 years,I have been away from her for over seven years on account of Bank's transfers to various places like  Trichur,Quilon,Phaltan,Mumbai Inspection and Audit,Tuticorin,Majhgaon Bihar, etc During such period of separation,  She was happy at Head Quarters Chennai with children taking care of children and all other things.. That is all over .

Now she is away from home  for a fortnight on some urgent domestic work.So it became necessary  for me to cook food at home ...

Especially after rice is cooked, when excess starch or liquid kanji is there,removing it by placing a plate at 45 degrees and allow the hot excess  liquid drop One day the whole thing fell down  when I was removing it from stove,burnt right hand thigh...skin  above the femur  a little. I applied some ointment or face cream easily found .. it became all right ..but when I telephoned her she shouted saying you don't know even this.

Next is switching off gas stove  cooker oven control knob by turning it right or left  after use which I forget invariably and she smells gas and comes running inside This we should take care.

Next is touching hot lid of vessel making sambar etc.  Got fingers burnt two days back. Put. some ointment.  No other medicine...

Similarly,some idukki or hot pakad touched my stomach gave a burn .Again ointment applied.

But did not tell her all these, as her reaction   would increase the pain of burns

But I have seen her getting hurt or burnt similarly despite her long experience and expertise in cooking..When I ask her she says it is nothing .it .will go away .

But she reminds  me daily through telephone by asking....did you switch off unwanted light, fans,AC,,did you supervise the maidservant, did you wash your cloths without using washing machine,did you telephone to any of your people in my absence, did you clean fridge, remove trash,etc ,. Fortunately I don't know telephone numbers of many relatives  and Facebook friends who perhaps know my plight   What to do... This is life..

No comments: