Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2016

Friends seen through Medical Insurance list..


Before the BSc results of Bangalore university were published in June1967,I had seen a two line advertisement in Deccan Herald ,a newspaper stating Representatives required for an International Pharmaceutical firm.In response to my application I was called for interview at West End Hotel,Bangalore .
..Mr J.S.Mehta and his newly married wife were impressed with my Hand...... Writing,Expression and Personality and was called for Final Interview at BOMBAY and selected as a Representative.It was nice touring various places in South India,meeting people,Medical Shops,Doctors, and marketing the products uttering white lie now and then.During one of my visits to Bangalore where old and aged parents were living with other siblings,my mother was asking if I could avoid this to traveling job and get a job stationed in Bangalore.So my desire for another job made me approach other employers like Banks,apply for Income Tax Inspectors exam,I AS,etc....It was one of my colleagues who conveyed existence of vacancies in Bank of India BANGALORE where I submitted my application for post of an Assistant.I was called for a
written test .Probably I cleared all problems in Arithmetic and wrote an essay in impeccable language with good  handwriting.I was selected...In the Interview committee consisting the Manager,Nadkarni and the Accountant,G.Thyagarajan I was asked a few questions including my desire in Bank.I answered I desire to retire as General Manager....
Later my colleagues used to say that one of the interviewers had a daughter studying in school for whom he was searching a good match and probably selected me for that post also.Luck didnot favour me in getting Double Designations..
Of course my desires to join Msc Mathematics at BANGALORE or appear for IAS etc did not materialise further.However ,after joining Bank of India,I got calls from Income Tax Dept and SBM for appointment.Having joined Bank and became a friend of many it was decided to continue in Bank,get promoted ,get married and lead a peaceful life. I got promoted to Officer's cadre in 1975 along with G.Narayanan,S.Viswanathan,S.Rajagopal and Jayanth Padukone.Despite possessing qualifications like BSc,LLB,CAIIB and serving 32 years as Officer,I could not reach the top.Of course I served as in charge of Branches for 10 of them and was in Inspection and Audit for a long term.During my appearing for  interviews over ten times till retirement
for Senior Grade ,it was my experience in many of the Interview committees the persons who interviewed were my Juniors or who had worked under me.It was nice none of them favored me and got me undeserving promotion although I had answered all their questions.
Now after retirement it was during last year a Medical Insurance was made applicable to retirees.This year the Insurance Company extended more Domiciliary treatments provided you pay higher premium.Many of the retirees opted for the same as it covers Diabetes Hypertension, Cataract Operations etc.In these days more money is spent by senior citizen in buying medicines or having  diagnostic / Lab tests, Regular checkup than money spent for food or clothing .I too opted for the Insurance...I found a list of persons around 25000 who opted this....of course many of them have other Insurance policies also.
In the list I was happy to see the names of a few of them who have worked with me,who know me and who also avail Medical Insurance like me.Many of them have reached top posts in Bank ..but join me in the Insurance matter.I give below names of a few colleagues,friends,etc.
Seshasayee.Rangarajan.
Sundaresan
N.Narayanan
V Kannan
A.R.Kuppuswamy
K.Mohan
G Narayanan,
T.N.Sarangapani
A.R.Kuppuswamy
R.S Rajaraman,
Ravindran Nair,
Thondikulam Seshadri,
Krishnakumaran Nair,
S Kannappan
K.Sarvothama.
Joseph Raj.
Rukmani.Ramani
and others.
It was a very happy moment for me to see so many of my friends,colleagues,etc in a list showing people who insure and survive..
Wishing happy health to all,lesser hospitalization and full settlement of claims  made  for  absolute need......
Note.....
..
In USA medical costs are very high and unless you have cover for it life is difficult here When we come to USA on visit,we bring medicines as prescribed for 6 months as otherwise we or our children cannot afford the cost here.
Medicines are cheaper in INDIA...

No comments: