Search This Blog

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Non marriage or non remarriage certificate...???

While in service in my first year after graduation as a Representative in an American Pharmaceutical firm in Bombay and Area of Sales being South India,it was programmed by the employer that I return to Head Quarters after each Tour ...My stay in HQ used to be for a week ....and perhaps the employer had treated me as alive and present on duty throughout unless specifically requested,leave was granted .Consequently my monthly emoluments used to be credited to my Bank Account monthly and other Daily allowances used to be accounted by me from Advance received while leaving on tour.

It was later I joined a Public Sector Bank in Bangalore.In 1968..and worked at various places till superannuation on 30.6.2007.......
till reaching the age of sixty. In all these Branches,it was customary for any employee to sign the Attendance Register after entering the Branch premises.Perhaps this served as a document evidencing physical presence or existence of an employee for enabling the employer to pay his pay periodically.

After retirement it was found necessary to be physically present at the Branch where pension is paid for submitting Life Certificate in November every year.

During my stay in usa during November on previous years,I could talk to the Branch Manager over phone confirming I am alive informing about my arrival at the Branch in India in December...The Manager used to be kind enough to listen to my appeal and wait till December for 
stopping payment of pension.

In alighter vein, during one of my other years when I was present in Madras,the Branch staff requested me to sign a declaration stating I was married and not remarried during the year.Although it was perhaps applicable to family pensioners I had to sign where ever they asked me to sign.In order to confirm my declaration to the Branch,I took my spouse to the Branch next day...gave them an affidavit from her stating she got married to me in 1974.....and that her husband had not remarried any time after marrying her.

=========================================================

I copy a format of Life Certificate for Family Pensioners...

Certified that I have seen the Pensioner Mr./ Mrs. Miss____________________________ Son/ Daughter/Wife/Husband of____ ________________________________________________ holder of P.P.O No.____________________and he/she is alive on this date. Signature of Patwari/DTO/TO/Gazetted off. of HP/Bank Manager Date: (With Seal) RE-MARRIAGE/NON-RE-MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (Only in case of Family Pensioners) I hereby declare that I have /have not re-married during the last one year. Signature/ Thumb impression of Pensioner 

Certified that I have seen the Pensioner Mr./ Mrs. Miss____________________________ Son/ Daughter/Wife/Husband of____ ________________________________________________ holder of P.P.O No.____________________and he/she is alive on this date

. Signature of Bank Manager Date: (With Seal)

RE-MARRIAGE/NON-RE
-MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (Only in case of Family Pensioners) I hereby declare that I have /have not re-married during the last one year. Signature/ Thumb impression of Pensioner

+++++++++++++++++++++//////++++++++++++++++//////+++++++++++++

Probably for employees who retired under Bank's VRS scheme,they insist on a non re employment declaration every year which I sign and give them although may not be relevant.

Now many parents who are retired and staying with children abroad say in USA,UK etc it becomes necessary for submission of life certificate in November every year.The employers have given the option to such pensioners staying abroad to submit the life certificate issued by any Indian Public Sector Banks and scan and mail the
same to pension paying Branch followed by hardcopy or original by post.Hope these Public Sector Banks do not levy any charges..even 100$....as it would be wiser to wait and go to pension paying Branch in December or later and get arrears of pension even if stopped for non submission of life certificate within stipulated time.

Just now I observed some Banks are offering digital life Certification provided the Pensioner calls at the Pension Paying Branch along with Aadhar Card and cellphone having service within India.May be I can utilise the said services after returning to INDIA...

May be it would not be surprising with the advancement of science and technology,microchips may get installed in human body transmitting and signaling existence or say an alternative to Life Certificate to the Pension or Annuity paying agencies or employers....

Pensioners please note......Thank you......

No comments: