Search This Blog

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Time zone changes....I got my morning coffee an hour late....

During  our recent visit to usa it was made compulsory that I get up by 7 AM daily ,wake up my spouse .She used to brush teeth and get me filter coffee  made within  five minutes.The addiction to coffee is so much that we never drink tea offered anywhere.In India especially in Chennai Sunlight used to be seen early and hence I used to get up by 6 AM ...make coffee and drink.

It was today the 6 th November,when I got up at 7 AM I was told the time clock should be rolled back by one hour on account of Time changes in various Time  zones in USA.Conseqently  time was one hour behind,I had to wait for one more hour to get my Coffee.It doesn't happen in India.It is a time saving measure implemented in USA and some other countries.....

See the notification.....

.

Back 1 hour

Nov 6, 2016 - Daylight Saving Time Ended

When local daylight time was about to reach
Sunday, November 6, 2016, 2:00:00 AM clocks were turned backward 1 hour to 
Sunday, November 6, 2016, 1:00:00 AM local standard time instead

Sunrise and sunset was about 1 hour earlier on Nov 6, 2016 than the day before. There was more light in the morning....

Also called  Fall Back  and  Winter Time...

.“Daylight Savings Time”

“Daylight Savings Time” is very commonly used, especially in Australia, Canada, and the United States. It's likely that the incorrect term “savings” entered is popular vocabulary because it's so often used in everyday contexts, like “savings account""in Banks ...
.

.Generalized Time Zones in United States

Time Zone Abbreviation & Name       
PT        Pacific Time            
MT       Mountain   Time        -
CT        Central Time        
ET        Eastern Time

Although many other countries in the world change their clocks twice a year, there is no daylight saving time (DST) in India

No comments: