Search This Blog

Saturday, October 03, 2015

My days at Bihar..some memories........

Vijayaraghavan P Mr Gangadhar Bhadani ji has been kind enough to retrace the part of history of a brilliant Officer in our Bank who otherwise would have joined IAS or become a Qualified Accountant after completing his MCOM at Bhagalpur University or become a top person in SBI had he chosen one of those alternatives. It was destiny or fate or the greatness of Bank of India which brought him into the Bank as a clerk. He has not mentioned about the name...as I was in Bihar after 1977 may know some of them who were in the vicinity of Patna.

 Of course if we analyze the career of each one of us, our joining Bank of India was perhaps GODSEND or destined as otherwise we would have other alternatives too. I too had joined MSc Mathematics course after graduation in 1967 but got an employment as a Representative in an American Pharmaceutical Firm but joined Bank of India as a clerk during my leave period stay at Bangalore when one of my friends sounded me there are vacancies for clerks post in Bank of India. I just put in my handwritten application, more than 40 persons were called for a test got selected as a clerk.. There also it was the necessity as my aged parents were there in Bangalore and there were others in the house who were studying professional courses requiring monetary help from me as one of their brothers which compelled me join the Bank in 1968. at Bangalore..Along with that I got a call for the post of Income Tax Inspector . However, I chose the Bank job considering it as the wisest opportunity being assured of a brilliant future in a well-known Bank with plus increment in emoluments prevailing in Bank of India when compared to other Banks



, It is very nostalgic to note and recollect that many of the persons from South India who were in Patna Regional Office and others or the Officers at Ranch Area Office as mentioned rendered all help to him the Officer whose past is mentioned by Bhadhaniji , Regarding the floods at Patna I remember to have written a letter to the Chief Manager or so Mr. K.V Thiagarajan from Bangalore ,who was my boss and acquaintance but did not get much information from him..as we had no computer, internet, etc those days to know details easily through web.Ofcourse each one of us who had the fortune to serve in Bihar through Bank of India also have been privileged with wonderful experiences in Bihar mostly making us serve better in the Bank, I thank Bhadhaniji for his narrating or reproducing such reminiscences abundant in history , achievements and providing encouragement to all. Thank you

No comments: