Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

My Minus story.................

  My Minus story…

I always try to use mathematical symbols in my conversations like plus,minus,nth degree, n times, infinity,probability,etc…..Of course use of minus and zero more common realizing that without them the sign plus will have no place…Wherever I have used zero and minus perhaps it was not so…just in a lighter vein it was used…..I value plus, minus and zero most…

In this connection an instance comes to mymind.My mother was from Nurani in Palghat having a number of brothers all of them were   Math Teachers in Nurani. But she was not allowed to go to school and got married   at her child age to my father   who was a BA . Myself, two of my brothers and two of my sisters and one niece Syamala were studying in Seshadripuram High school at the same time ..1960…63. After progress reports are received I   used to come home and tell  my good mother  I am first in class although it was not so. So my mother used to believe me..She used to tell all the neighbors etc…Enga Raghavan ellathilayum first aakkum…  So I made her utter lie…That is the story..Hope you are convinced about my statements

This is the reply I sent to   my  well wisher and  Facebook friend... Chitra Ananthanarayanan   ...Software  Expert of of IBM Bangalore  who had  written  that I was not  a zero and my comments in her blog are not of minus value  as I had  mentioned to her sometime...earlier in a lighter vein......                                            

No comments: